Gwynedd Letting Agency - Eiddo iola jones Properties provides a range of letting and management services, tailored to meet your individual needs. You can be assured that we have a detailed understanding of the residential letting and management sector and will ensure that you are given the best possible service.
The letting industry is heavily regulated, which is one reason why Landlords have come to expect extensive knowledge and expertise from the Agency they choose to act in their interests. Our aim at Eiddo iola jones Properties is to provide services of the highest standard and a personal, flexible service to reflect the diverse needs of our clients: For example, a Landlord who does not have the necessary time to achieve the best return on their portfolio, a non-resident Landlord who needs an agent they can fully rely on to manage their property or someone who just feels a little out of their depth to keep up with Rent Smart Wales and governmental regulations. We pride ourselves on providing a totally trustworthy and excellent value for money service. Our rates are highly competitive, fair, and transparent - see below for information on our fees.
Your investment is our business | Eich buddsoddiad chi yw ein busnes ni.
Cyniga Eiddo iola jones Properties ystod o wasanaethau gosod a rheoli wedi eu teilwra i gyfarfod â’ch anghenion unigol chi. Gallwch fod yn sicr o’r gwasanaeth gorau wedi ei sylfaenu ar ein dealltwriaeth fanwl o’r sector gosod a rheoli preswyl.
Mae’r diwydiant hwn wedi ei reoleiddio’n drwm sy’n un rheswm pam fod Landlordiaid yn disgwyl gwasanaeth o’r safon uchaf gan yr Asiant a ddewisir ganddynt. Ein nôd yn Eiddo iola jones Properties yw darparu gwasanaeth o’r radd flaenaf a gwasanaeth personol a hyblyg sy’n adlewyrchu anghenion amrywiol ein cleientiaid: Er enghraifft, landlordiaid heb amser digonol i sicrhau’r elw gorau ar eu portffolio, landlord dibreswyl sydd angen asiant cwbl ddibyniadwy neu landlord s’yn teimlo yn ansicr gyda’r holl reoliadau llywodraethol a Rhentu Doeth Cymru. Rydym yn ymfalchio mewn darparu gwasanaeth cwbl ddibyniadwy a gwerth rhagorol am arian. Cewch fod ein ffioedd yn hynod gystadleuol, yn deg ac yn dryloyw - gweler isod am fwy o fanylion.
- We strongly suggest that you find a local agent who is associated to a professional body. In choosing us, you have come to the right place - Eiddo iola jones Properties is a member of ARLA Propertymark, The Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme, The Property Ombudsman (TPO) and is also registered with Rent Smart Wales. The necessity for compliancy is taken very seriously indeed so you can relax knowing that your property is safe with us.
- Propertymark Client Money Protection - scheme reference number: C0131739
- The Property Ombudsman - membership number: T02985
- Rent Smart Wales - Licence number: #LR-87070-10139
The rental market is competitive therefore, to obtain the best possible Tenants it is worth presenting your property in the most effective way. We will advise and help you as much as is needed to get your property ‘rent ready’. A ‘no obligation’ visit to your property to discuss a more detailed appraisal is highly recommended.
Important considerations for Landlords before Letting:
• Written consent must be obtained from your Mortgage Provider/Freeholder (if applicable).
• Your Insurance Company must be notified that the property is to be rented out and appropriate insurance obtained for a tenanted property. There are specialist insurance companies who can provide this.
• The Inland Revenue must also be informed within 6 months of letting your property, flat or apartment in the UK and failure to do so will incur penalties, interest and other consequences. The Inland Revenue are apt to deal harshly with Landlords who do not declare rental income and it is always best to seek advice on tax planning and Capital Gains Tax from a fully qualified Accountant.
- The Housing Act 1988 (amended 1996) has given rise to two types of Tenancies: Assured and Assured Short hold Tenancy. Most Tenancies are based on the Assured Shorthold Tenancy format (AST).
The service provided by Eiddo iola jones Properties is flexible and bespoke but can be categorised for convenience as follows:
- TENANT FIND – you may decide to instruct your agent to simply market your property and find a Tenant in which case a letting fee will be due once a tenancy agreement has been signed. Our fees are highly competitive, not exceeding £495. This fee includes what you would expect of this service and more! For example:
• Full market appraisal and a rental valuation which will be based on the popularity of the area, proximity to transport, rental price of similar property handled and decorative condition to name but a few.
• A valid EPC is required before a tenancy begins. This may require the service of an independent provider which comes at an additional cost to the Landlord (approx. £65) but we can arrange this on your behalf at no extra cost. If the rating for your property is lower than E (exemptions apply), we can help you take the necessary steps to ensure your property is compliant.
• The all-important marketing of your property on Zoopla, social media, our website and contacting individual applicants on our database.
• We will arrange viewings, vet prospective Tenants and obtain references. In some situations, a basic reference check is sufficient in which case we are willing and able to complete at no extra cost. Otherwise, an independent referencing company can be utilized at an additional cost to the Landlord which includes credit history checks.
• We provide all the required legal documentation including the Terms of Business which forms the contract between us as your agent and you as our client and the tenancy agreement which will be signed by you and the Tenant. Also included is a Tenant Welcome Pack which includes several important documents, including the security deposit details and the Inventory:
The Inventory - this is an important document which forms an integral part of the Tenancy Agreement and, as such, it is a false economy to prepare your own in most cases. A basic Inventory Report is included in our letting fee, but for an additional cost you may prefer to utilise the service of an independent company which provides a full, detailed report.
• The all-important check-in or move-in day is a good day at Eiddo iola jones Properties and we arrange to personally meet the Tenant/s at the property to hand over the keys and work through the Tenant Welcome Pack. We will take final readings and provide utility companies, Welsh Water and the Council with the necessary details.
• We are always willing to go the extra mile and will help our Landlord clients and Tenants in any way we can to ensure the tenancy gets off to the best start.
COLLECTION OF RENT – this is usually done on a calendar monthly basis and is forwarded to the Landlord via previously approved method after any agreed deductions have been made for commission which is 7% of the rent. Our aim is to ensure that the rent is paid on time and we will communicate with the Tenant on your behalf if rent arrears becomes an issue. Rent reviews are also included in this service. Some Landlords opt for the additional peace of mind offered by a rent guarantee insurance policy provided by independent companies.
FULL MANAGEMENT – 10% of the rent. This service offers the Landlord full peace of mind and is the most popular service for that very reason. Eiddo iola jones Properties aims to build a relationship of trust and mutual respect with the Tenant which in turn ensures that the Landlord may rest assured that their investment is in safe hands.
Included is the collection of rent as described above.
The costs of everyday repairs and maintenance will be the responsibility of the Landlord but, if we are instructed to manage your property on your behalf, we will manage the whole process from obtaining quotes, to arranging convenient dates with the Tenant and any third parties, to processing payments for the works according to the Terms of Business between ourselves and you as Landlord.
As your Managing Agent, we will make sure that you are kept informed about any relevant changes in regulations; we will also keep track of all safety checks and help to ensure that your property meets the minimum housing and health standards. We pride ourselves in working hard to help raise the general standards of rental properties in the Gwynedd area.
In addition to the above this service includes much more - for example:
Periodic inspection of the property and reporting to you, our client.
Contacting you and the Tenant towards the end of a fixed term and arranging a renewed fixed term if necessary - at no extra cost.
Dealing with day to day issues e.g. boiler not working, water leaks, responding to Council inspections, arranging home improvements etc.
If you are an overseas Landlord, we will include any administration work in the basic 10% commission (for fully qualified advice, you should contact an appropriate Accountant or Tax Expert.)
All information is provided in good faith. It does not replace the advice of a qualified legal advisor.
Eiddo iola jones Properties believes in fair, clear and transparent fees. We reserve the right to amend our fees occasionally and to negotiate with individual Landlords e.g. offer discounts for multi-property instructions.
Tenant Find: max £495
Rent Collection: 7% of monthly rent
Fully Managed: 10% of monthly rent
There are no hidden extras, the only exception being to attend legal proceedings at a daily rate of £150 per day. We reserve the right to charge an additional fee for managing major works over £2000 - 1.5% of net cost.